Primedia Online seeks an Ad Ops Intern who will assist the Sales and Ad Operations team in entry-level online advertising activities. This would include, amongst other things, booking ad campaigns, taking screengrabs, compiling campaign reports, monitoring campaigns, uploading banners and images and general administration tasks.
You would not need formal experience in these areas — but an inquiring mind and thirst for digital media experience, and an interest in web technologies and online advertising is a must.
This is an entry-level internship with no minimum work experience required. Instead, we’re looking for a keen mind, strong interest and familiarity with blogs and online media, and the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of major web browsers, operating systems, platforms and their particularities (again you need not have worked on all of the systems, but you should be somewhat familiar with the major differences as they apply to displaying webpages)
- Basic image editing skills such as cropping and resizing
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint,
- Understanding of web traffic metrics such as unique visitors and pageviews (ex: familiarity with Google Analytics)
- Enthusiasm for online publishing and monetization trends!
This is an unpaid part – to full-time three month internship position at Primedia Online in Woodstock and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to learn about best of breed, enterprise level digital marketing technology platforms and work alongside one of the best ad operations and online sales teams in South Africa. Please contact Jeremy Abbott for further details.